Friday, July 15, 2011

My boyfriend makes me feel inferior?

I've been dating him for 6 years on and off. we love each other but lately I've come to terms with the fact that its just not working out. I'd appreciate feedback as far as my decision goes. I have spent six years trying with him and am now planning on leaving him. We generally fight about everything, he seems to have a minor drinking problem and has become violent once with me. he apologized and felt shameful of his actions but the next night he sat on the phone and told me I needed to be "reborn" he also says things like " you think your better than me?" when hes angry. He also told informed me when he was drunk that he believed that I was younger then him mentality wise. He says things like "your just a girl" in the negative way. He has also said Im just a bag of emotions and things of this nature. I have met some other ladies I think he would really like I find that incredibly sad that I don't feel like I can knock his socks of or make him love me the way I want to be loved. He does try to reassure me that hes in love with me and I believe it but I believe the love I have for him is unselfish. I feel like i would let him go if I needed to so he could be happy but through all of his drug addiction he kept me around and hid his problems from me so he could have his cake and eat it too. I now realize you teach people how to treat you and I was weakened by love unfortunately. I just don't want to feel like Im missing out on something and he always tells me I will be if we break up. He talks big about his future even though he is lacking now in the present. he works a minimum wage job and spends most of his time sleeping if not at work or planning something with me. I just feel inferior to him because he has told me he doesn't like the way I communicate, he said I try too hard to sound smart which puts me in an awkward position because now I feel like I have to watch what I say so he doesn't think im trying to sound smart? its all very confusing and irritating. He generally bullies me when Im not doing what he wants or hes extremely angry with me. we have a very hard time understanding each other and communicating. I feel like we both bring out the worst in each other, I don't know if its anything that can be fixed and clearly we have been trying for so long is it worth continuing? I have some serious problems with the way he treats me and the way he treats our relationship and himself. He has abused drugs in the past, he has a past of not being very honest and he hasn't gained any brown points from my family. He wants to move in together soon and talks about how great it would be but we have never even gone on a trip together without our families present. He has little ambition and grew up getting everything he wanted, I have stayed with him because I am patient and understanding which are qualities most people don't have but is he worth anymore time or am I just kidding myself believing we could have a strong solid future together. I cant waste anymore time my patience is wearing thin so please let me know what you think, thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment