Wednesday, July 20, 2011

For the divorced wives- is it impossible to have a relationship with the new wife?

I am not asking to be her best friend, but why can't this woman at least give me a level of respect? Her children adore me. They come to me with everything. I married him so now I am a permanent fixture in the kids' lives. When my husband talks to his ex all they do is scream and shout. It always turns into a personal battle and an ugly name calling session, rather than a productive phone call about the kids. So last night, same ugly fight ensued between them and it ended with my husband slamming the phone down and yelling at me- "You talk to her!" Since it was a topic about the kids and I am a relatively reasonable person I figured I would give it a shot. She refused to take my call and later texted my husband to not have "that woman call me again." So, now I am the angry one. I have always tried to treat her with respect and give her the benefit of the doubt in many situations. After all, I know her ex husband as well or better than she and he can be very tough to live with! So, I could almost sympathize with her at times- but not anymore! We have been together for 5 years now. I think she needs to get over it and accept/appreciate the fact that her children have a person in their lives who loves them and cares about their well-being. So, my question to you divorced women- is it impossible to have a workable relationship with the 2nd wife-- especially when there is a serious lack of communication between you and the ex husband? Am I expecting too much to be able to act as the mediator so good decisions can be made about the kids without every phone call turning into world war 3?

No comments:

Post a Comment