Thursday, July 14, 2011

I got my boyfriend arrested for domestic violence - what will happen now!?

i just turned 19 and live in the UK. we were living together, he just turned 20. he doesnt have anything on his records. he has held knives to me, threatened to kill me, orally raped me, punched me in the face and left bruises, spat at me, kicked me, hit me, strangled and choked me. i had him arrested 5 weeks ago and we're not allowed any contact. well that's all fine and dandy for him as he's gone to Dubai to stay with his parents and comes back May the 25th where he is then charged. what i would like to know is if he is charged with all these things or maybe he won't be charged with all of them but the thing is there are actually several other witnesses for the different occassions he's done this to me so the police are pretty sure the assaults will go ahead, the rape may not. Anyway what i want to know is how likely will the court date be soon after he is charged? - i mean how soon is it usually for these sorts of offences? will i have to go to court? i actually want to go to court so i can speak to the judge myself. i don't want him to be banned from having contact with me. i want to be able to say goodbye. i realise what my boyfriend has done is wrong, he acts like this only when he is drunk which is no excuse, i know but all the same i believe that anyone can change if they want to and everyone deserves a second chance. What i will be really MAD about is if he just gets a fine and then is allowed to go galllavanting off to Dubai...is it likely he'll have to do community service? i want him to stay in the country to have to pay his dues and do what he deserves, his family are so wealthy that a fine will do nothing to him. i also want him to get help and i'm hoping the court will ensue this and make sure he gets help in the country!? is that about right?...so i want to know if i will go to court too, will he be banned from contacting me if i dont want that and will he have to stay in the country? - obviously you can't tell me exactly but anyone's guess would be more helpful than the police have been to me. thanks, x

No comments:

Post a Comment